Hotmail is one of the popular email services you can find. This is why there are millions of Hotmail users worldwide and the number of people using Hotmail keeps increasing. There is no doubt that Hotmail is a great email service but sometimes users find it difficult to access their accounts. Some people are unable to access their Hotmail accounts because their accounts have been hacked. Hacking has become a big issue for most sites. But if you have a Hotmail account recovery code, you can always recover your account.
There are more than one ways to recover your Hotmail account and one of them is through Hotmail account recovery code. Some people choose to reset their Hotmail login password to recover their Hotmail account.
How to Set up Hotmail Recovery Code
Hotmail is popular mainly because of its amazing features. The email service is also known for its user-friendly features. But still, sometimes users find it difficult to access their Hotmail email account. Following are the two most common reasons why you are unable to access your account.
- Forgot your password
- Account has been hacked
But still, there is a way to access your account. You can use a Hotmail account recovery code to recover your Hotmail account. Basically, Microsoft provides a code that you can use to access your account. A recovery code can help you recover your account. You can set up recovery code for your Hotmail account by simply following the steps given below.
- First of all you need to login to your Microsoft account.
- You need to click your Hotmail Account Display Picture on the upper right side of the page.
- From the list you will select View Account in order to see more options.
- Next you will go to Security & Privacy
- Now you will use a code to confirm verification. The code will be sent on your phone number. You have to enter the code to continue.
- Now go to Recovery Code option at the bottom. There you will select to “Set up recovery code”
- The new Hotmail Recovery Code will be shown. It looks like a product key. Make sure you don’t share the code with anyone.
The recovery code must not be shared with anyone at any cost.
- Keep the recovery code somewhere safe and secure
- Save the page or just print it out
- Write down the code and keep is somewhere safe