You need to access outlook.live.com in order to sign in to Hotmail. Microsoft has rebranded Hotmail.com to Outlook.com. It is just the change of name, the login procedure is still the same. Microsoft has a number of services and one Microsoft account is enough to use all the services offered by Microsoft such as Outlook.com, Xbox, Windows Phone, Hotmail, Live Mail etc. The whole procedure of logging into Hotmail account is very easy if you are having any login issues you can visit the Hotmail login help page to resolve your problem.
There you can find easy-to-understand login steps. In this article, we have explained Hotmail login procedure in simple steps. Once you have understood the procedure, you should be able to login within a few seconds. You can sign up for Hotmail if you don’t have a Microsoft account. Microsoft does not charge you for using Hotmail account. The service is one hundred percent free.
Remember sign in steps are same for all Microsoft accounts. So it means that you access the same login page for logging into different products of Microsoft such as Outlook.com, Xbox, Windows Phone, Hotmail, Live Mail, MSN, Bing, OneDrive etc. As stated earlier, Hotmail has been replaced with Outlook.com so you will find Outlook logo on the sign in page. You will be using your Hotmail ID or Hotmail Live email ID for sign-in purposes. You can check “Remember me” checkbox if you want your computer to keep you signed in. But Microsoft does not recommend it if you are using a public or shared computer.
Hotmail Sign in For Email Access
Following are the easy Hotmail sign-in steps.
- You can use any Internet browser to access www.hotmail.com. You will see Outlook.com page on your computer screen.
- Simply enter login information in the appropriate text fields. Again all accounts such as Outlook.com accounts, Hotmail accounts, Live Mail accounts, MSN accounts, Bing accounts, OneDrive accounts come under the head Microsoft Accounts.
There is no harm in checking “keep me signed in” checkbox if the computer you are using is your personal computer. This option is checked when you want your computer to remember your login email address and password so that you don’t have to enter the login information each time you sign in. But Microsoft does not recommend this option if you are on a shared or public computer.
- Click the Sign in button to access you Hotmail emails.
- If you cannot login, make sure you have entered the correct login information. Be sure that your username and password are correct. Read also MSN UK Hotmail Account Login Instructions.
Login with Single-Use Code
Sometimes you have to sign in to your account from a shared computer where you have doubt that someone is tracking your password. In such a situation Hotmail offers an option to sign in with a single-use code. Access www.hotmail.com and use the option sign in with “single-use code” you will be taken to another page where you will enter your email ID and mobile number. You will receive a code on your mobile number and then you will use the same code to access your account. There will be a new code each time you use this service. In this way, you will be logging in without using your Hotmail email password.
Two Steps Verification
Have you turned on two steps verification, if your answer is yes then you will be entering an extra code along with your password each time you login from a different device or Internet browser. You will receive an authentication code on your mobile number. This is done in order to keep your Hotmail email more secure.
OneDrive is a very useful service offered by Microsoft. The service is mainly used for sharing files, photos, music etc. OnceDrive mobile and PC version is available for download. Your Hotmail email account can be used to sign in to OneDrive account. Open any Internet browser and access onedrive.live.com and your Hotmail ID to sign in. Hotmail account holders are offered 5 GB of free online storage. Previously 15GB storage was offered but now only 5GB.
You should also know that MSN is a trusted source of news, weather, and information. Just login to MSN and select your news and weather.
Your Hotmail ID can be used to sign in to any Windows device. We can say that one Hotmail ID is enough for Windows, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows Mobile. This is the biggest advantage of having a Hotmail ID. One Hotmail ID is the key to all the offerings of Microsoft. Isn’t it amazing?
You can use any browser to sign in to Hotmail ID. The Internet browsers you can use are IE, Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox etc. Using aliases with Hotmail account is also possible but remember you must use your main account for sign-in purposes. You cannot access old Hotmail sign in page, the one you used to access before outlook.com. Microsoft did this for better service and security. So accessing the old Hotmail sign-in page is not an option now. If you try to do so, you will be redirected to Outlook.com.
Microsoft owns and operates Outlook.com. The service was originally founded in 1996 as Hotmail. Hotmail was the brainchild of Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith. It was an instant success and attracted thousands of users immediately after its launch in 1996. Microsoft bought Hotmail for four million dollars in 1997 and changed its name to MSN Hotmail. Years later MSN Hotmail was changed to Windows Live Hotmail. It was 2011 when the last version of Hotmail was released and in the same year there were more than three hundred and fifty million people using the service and the service was available in more than thirty languages. Outlook.ocm replaced Windows Live Hotmail in 2013 and all the users were transferred to Outlook.com. Outlook.com has all the features of Hotmail and in addition and integration with OneDrive and Skype.
Check if the Hotmail.com site is down
Are you here to check if Hotmail site is down? You can also check how long it has been the site is down or having issues.
Hotmail is one of those names which come to mind when you think of the world’s first webmail services. Microsoft acquired Hotmail for $400 million back in 1997 and after the acquisition, it changed its name to MSN Hotmail. Microsoft later changed the name again to Windows Live Hotmail and then to Outlook.com. So, Hotmail was discontinued and Outlook.com has taken its place. Microsoft offers Hotmail in more than one hundred languages. Most of the Internet browsers support Hotmail. If you are unable to access Hotmail in your Internet browser make sure that you are using the latest version of browsers like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Take a look at the Hotmail outage map and you will be surprised to see the areas where the site is not loading. With the help of the map given below, now it is very easy for users like you to check if the Hotmail site is really down and out in your area or just only you having a hard time accessing it. You can also see the sites which are up and running perfectly on one side. You can also take part in the discussion where users from different parts of the world share their views.
Feel free to let us know in the comments section. You will have to login first to leave a comment.
Hotmail users living in different parts of the world face problems when their favorite webmail service is down. Your questions are welcomed. There is a space for asking questions. What type of problems you are facing? Is it a site down issue or something else? It is hard to say anything about why Hotmail site is down because there can be a number of reasons. There you can also check the social media messages people left about the site down.
Hotmail Password Reset
You need to enter your Hotmail password each time you login. So don’t forget your password and without password, you cannot log in. The need to Hotmail password reset rises when we don’t remember the password. Before you reset your Hotmail account password, there is one thing you need to do. You just need to make sure that the Caps lock is turned off. Hotmail password is case sensitive so turn off Caps lock if it is turned on.
If you have tried everything and still you are unable to sign in, it means you have forgotten your password. You need to access your email which is not possible until you reset your Hotmail password. Resetting your password is the only option you have if you think that your Hotmail account has been hacked by someone. The good news is that recovering Hotmail password is easy. The whole process of recovering your password should not take more than a few minutes. The procedure is the same for Outlook and Live Mail accounts. Read also, how to set up Hotmail recovery code.
- Visit www.hotmail.com
- There is a “Forgot my password” button. Click the button.
- You should see a Hotmail page on your screen asking the reason you are unable to sign in. You should click “I forgot my password”.
- You will see “Recover your account” page on screen. You will have to enter your Hotmail account and Captcha code in the appropriate text fields. Cannot recognize Captcha? Try audio.
- If things don’t go wrong, you will see different options on your screen to recover your Hotmail account.
- For instance if you have selected email ID to recover your Hotmail ID, recovery code will be sent to that email. Those who have mobile number as recovery option will get message or call with recovery code to change password. You will have to confirm that you are the actual owner of that hotmail email ID by entering your email address or last four digit of your mobile number.
- When you get the code, you will select the option “I have code” and you will be asked to enter the code in another page.
- Once you have entered the password recovery code, you will be able to provide new password for your Hotmail email.
- You will click on “I don’t have access to any of this” if you have not set your recovery option.
- In the box “where should we contact you”, give another email.
- Your account information will be verified before changing your password.
- Once you have answered correctly, you will be allowed to create new password.
- There are a few things that should be kept in mind when making password for your Hotmail ID. You should never include any personal information in your password such as name, date of birth. If you do, it will be easy for other to guess. Strong password is the one that is combination of alphabets, numbers and special characters. Don’t forget to make recovery option to Hotmail change password because it will help you reset password. The process of resetting your @outlook.com mail is the same as given above.
How to Sign Up on Hotmail
One Hotmail account is all you need to access different services offered by Microsoft. It means that you don’t have to create different accounts to be able to use various services of Microsoft such as Xbos, OneDrive, and Windows Live ID etc. You should not worry about the procedure of signing up on Hotmail. The very first thing you need to do is open your internet browser and go to www.oulook.com.
Creating New Hotmail Email Account
Read the following steps carefully and do as directed.
- Access www.outlook.com
- You will see the home page of the website on your screen. Click the Sign Up button you see on the screen. You, now, should see a sign up form on your computer screen.
- You simply have to provide your basic information. Here, you will also choose your username or email address.
- You will enter your name, gender, username and password. Remember you have to choose a unique username. Make sure you set a strong password for your Hotmail account. Strong passwords protect your Hotmail. Strong passwords are those that are difficult to guess. So make sure that you enter a strong password.
- Provide your phone number and an alternate email which later may be used to recover your account. The option of setting a security question is also available.
- In country text field, you will choose the name of the country you are in currently.
- Next you will verify that you are not a robot and you will do so by simply entering the Captcha code.
- Last but not least is the blue colored “Create Account” button. If you click the Create Account button it means you agree to terms and conditions.
- Your account has been created now. So access www.outlook.com again, click Sign In button and enter your login information to access your Hotmail email account.